Are you still trying to work out how to use Instagram for business marketing? Whether you love it, hate it or know nothing about it, Instagram is now big news in the business world. While many people still see it as the best place to get gossip directly from their favourite celebrities, savvy businesses are using Instagram as a way to promote their brand and get their message out to a wider community – for free.
Many businesses aren’t aware of the impact Instagram can have until they’re shown examples of it, so let’s get an idea of what makes Instagram so good for business:
Instagram had nearly seven times the growth of Facebook over the last five years. Although Facebook still has a larger overall membership, Instagram is growing faster. According to a new study from Lolatycs, each Instagram user is, on average, likely to share three times more mobile in-app content than a Facebook user.
Why is this?
With the rise of smart phones, Instagram is becoming ever more popular due to its ease of use. The short upstages allow users to easily skim the screen for what interests them, and when you see something you like it is very easy to “repost” that message or link on Instagram rather than copying and pasting into an email. Instagram satisfies people’s cravings for immediate information. And that’s key when you are thinking of how to use Instagram for business marketing.
All this means that information can be passed from person to person much more easily. Years ago, if you wanted to publicize your business in the media you’d have to get a press release, or pay for advertising. This was expensive and you’d be limited with what you could do. Instagram allows you to send out regular updates on what your business is doing, as often as you want.
Not convinced? Here are some ideas for how to use Instagram for business marketing by taking advantage of the myriad of opportunities that Instagram can bring.
- Your customers can follow your Instagram account, so they can get updates from your business in real time.
- Your Instagram timeline is permanent, so even if you make several updates the old updates can still be seen, therefore nobody misses out on any information.
- You can proactively search Instagram for any conversations about your business so you can see and respond to feedback even if it hasn’t been sent directly to you.
- You can create a “buzz” around your business and attract new Buy Instagram Followers UK just by having interesting day to day chats on Instagram about what you are up to.
- By talking openly about what your business does you are humanizing your brandand not just hiding behind a corporate facade.
- Customers feel they are part of your businesses community when they are given a better understanding of your business’s values, goals and day to day dealings.
- Catch customers’ attention and stand out from the crowd by giving them something they want. For example, they have to come in store and repeat a code you’ve Posted to get buy one get one free.
- If people like what you’re offering they will share the information with their friends and Buy Instagram Followers UK – meaning more traffic to your blog or business.
- Keep offers appropriate to your business and in keeping with your branding as Social media consumers like a clear message that isn’t overly “sales”. If you get this right you can see a huge increase in customers coming to your own website from Instagram.
Research & Intelligence
- As mentioned above Instagram is great for sharing information. A simple search can bring dozens of links to blogs relating to your business or industry – great for learning about current trends.
- You can also search to see what your competitors are doing. This doesn’t have to be underhand, you could just openly follow them, it may even lead to a collaboration opportunity!
- Instagram is a great way to get instant feedback and testimonials from customers! If someone buys from you, follow up the sale on Instagram, ask them how they’re getting on. Don’t worry if the response isn’t great as then you have the opportunity to tackle criticism head on in a friendly and informal manner.
- Instagram may be global but it’s great for local business as you can add a location to your Posts.
- Build up your followers from the local community using sites such as Wallow.
- Create a network of other local businesses and support each other with events and shared contacts. This can work particularly well for shops, restaurants and bars.
The common thread that runs through all successful Instagram is a willingness to share information and help and share others content. The more you participate, the more you reciprocate other peoples generosity the faster your community will grow and more importantly the greater the impact your Posts will have.
As a final thought, here’s a date for your diaries: the highest clicks on shared content from Instagram occur at 9:32 AM EST Wednesdays, so if you want to get noticed, that’s the time to do it!
O.K so this truly is the final point. post “How to use Instagram for Business Marketing” to share with your following and start building your community now!